Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 21, 2010

Knitting with a tic going off in your eye every few minutes makes it very difficult to keep my spot in the pattern. This Eureka moment finally hit me when I'd finished doing the last 4 rows I'd completed.

Random thoughts....

I really get angry when people's reactions to finding out I have fibro are dismissive.

One lady who watched me struggling to get my bundle buggy on to the transit bus asked me what was wrong with me. I answered I have fibromyalgia and she looked like she couldn't get away from me fast enough.

Another response that really burns my buns is this one "But you don't look sick"

Or another "Can't you just ignore the pain since it's not real?"

Or, 'Shake it off, It's all in your head anyway"

I wish there was more fact about fibro instead of all the fiction floating around. I guess it all starts with one person at a time, but geez, does it have to be at my expense????

I don't mind talking with someone who is interested in learning the truth about fibro but those who have their minds made up before I even start, I'd rather walk away from.

I don't need pity, I need understanding and acceptance. I'm not a freaking leper! and you see, even I say unfeeling things when I try and express my feelings. Lepers deserve my, our respect just as much as any other human being in this world.

Better yet, I need help, the apartment is falling apart and I can't keep up anymore. I've never been the greatest at housework but this is getting ridiculous and downright embarassing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment